There are various reasons why you wish to maintain your company workplace tidy. An excellent and clean office area is not only more visually appealing than a crowded mess, but it also produces a positive impression on clients and customers and promotes workplace efficiency.
How to Clean Offices
We all know that cleaning our rooms and houses is very important. The same logic applies to offices and other commercial spaces and properties. Therefore, proper cleaning to your offices is essential to maintain a healthy and safe work environment.
If the workplace is untidy, however, it can be a breeding ground for bacterias and germs. It can also cause a health risk to the employees. Moreover, it is even more critical to maintain a clean environment if the workplace is frequented by clients or customers for their safety as well.
Cleaning offices and other commercial spaces can make it visually appealing and increase the employees’ working productivity. It allows them to cross an area that is free from a cluttered mess. Furthermore, you can do the cleaning procedures depending on workloads and work schedules. You may decide to do it daily, weekly, or monthly and semi-annual cleaning for larger spaces.
- Pick up any debris or paper and dispose of them properly. Make sure not to throw essential files.
- Empty trash bins and replace the filled trash bags with the new ones.
- Vacuum the dust and dirt on the floors and carpets that are unremovable by hand.
- Wipe any stains or spots using stain cleaners.
- Organize loose papers, documents, magazines, brochures, pamphlets and keep the frequently used files for easy access.
- Dust and wipe surfaces, including desks, shelves, filing cabinets, cubicle walls, etc.
- Wipe down office accessories and electronics such as telephones, calculators, computer monitors, keyboards, etc., using a disinfectant spray.
- Dust the ledges, door jambs, window sills, heating vents, etc.
- Disinfect restrooms and refill toiletries.
Dust mop tiled floors and wet mop hard floor surfaces, then vacuum carpeted floors.
- Clean wall-mounted objects such as paper towel dispensers, hand dryers, etc., using a disinfectant spray or wipe.
- Spray-buff hard floor surfaces using a floor machine or burnisher.
- Polish wooden office furniture such as desks, tables, chairs, and other wooden objects using a furniture polisher to restore their professional shine.
- Vacuum or dust overhead fans, vents, and other hard to reach areas,
- Recoat and strip tiled floors to eliminate scuff marks and any undesirable features on the floor finish.
- Burnish or spray-buff after stripping to make the finish pop.
- Extract runners, mats, carpets, upholsteries, etc., and then heavily scrub soiled areas.
Note: If in case you need to extensively clean areas or floors, always make sure to put a “closed for cleaning” sign to prevent any accident on a wet floor.
Professional Cleaning Services to Clean Your Offices
Give your office the same attention on cleaning just like your home. Always keep in mind that a tidy and organized workplace encourages productivity. Plus, a clean workplace is a safe and healthy environment.
If you need professional cleaning services, Affiliated Building Maintenance can help. Our cleaning services will give your workplace the attention and level of care it needs. Call us at (telephone) 480-813-6021 or (fax) 480.813.1121.